Friday, August 6, 2010

Reece

Our sweet little Reece continues to thrive for a 27 weeker outside of the womb. She is a little spitfire too. She sure will let you know when she is uncomfortable or something is not right. All the nurses talk about how "feisty" she is. This is so funny to me because she was so calm the whole time in my belly. She did have to have a blood transfusion last night, but as we have said, this is common place in their care. I get to be most involved in her care. I have changed her diaper twice and swabbed her mouth with breast milk twice (this is called oral care and it is the closest I get to feeding her). I think I annoy the nurses by constantly asking what I can do, but I want them to understand that I want to be involved in everything that I'm allowed. She still has a long way to go so keep her on your prayer list. Gotta pump!!




5 comments:

  1. Aww Lucy!! She is so sweet and tiny. I am so glad they are doing so well!! Thinking and praying for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture of you and her! Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy! So glad that you are keeping us all updated. I know it is hard to take anytime away from those precious babies but we all certainly appreciate it. And DO NOT feel bad about annoying the nurses, you keep doing what you are doing. I am sure they are used to it and I would have a hard time keeping my hands off of them as well! You all are doing so great and know that we are thinking and praying for you all. Take care and rest those feet!!!

    Sarah and Rowe Baggs

    P.S. I know that Thomas wants to do anything he can to help so just let us know if there is anything you need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Lucy. I'm in tears right now. My friend is donating blood right now, and she says she is doing it in name of Charlie. She is such a great friend, and although she has not met your babies, she's been thinking of them, and donating her blood, just to help them. We are thinking of you always, and trying to help them always. You and your babies are strong and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new pictures and update! You're doing a great job Mama Bear.

    ReplyDelete