Friday, August 20, 2010

Its been a busy week in the NICU. I'm starting to feel more at home in there.....if they had beds for parents I don't think I would ever leave. Here's a quick recap of the week's happenings. We will post some pics on Sunday.
REECE
Reece is doing pretty well. She started back her feedings this week but was backed back off them when she was showing signs that her tummy might not be ready for them yet. She loves being held by Mama. The nurses and I are constantly "working on" trying to get Ben to hold Reece and Charlie. Their tiny size makes him nervous. He says he wants to wait until they are 3lbs before he holds them. I KNOW Reece and Charlie would love being held by their Daddy (plus I can't wait to see Ben hold one of our babies)!
CHARLIE
Charlie has been doing good too and he is looking more like Ben everyday. He has been on and off feedings this week and as of right now he is not eating. I love holding Charlie...there is only one problem.....sometimes he forgets to breathe. A quick "WAKE UP CHARLIE" with a little pat on the back usually does the trick, but it still scares me to death.
LOUISE
Louise has been keeping us quite busy. Her 24 hr test to check for seizures (called a EEG) turned into more of 48hr test. We are still waiting to talk to the neurologist (hopefully tonight) to discuss the results. We have also continued to struggle with Louise's lung. Ben reported last blog post that the pneumothroax was gone......well it re-accumulated. On Wednesday, Dr. Wood put in a new chest tube. This tube did not take care of the problem, so as of this morning our sweet girl got her 5th chest tube. Needless to say she is back on the ventilator and I look forward to to seeing her come off again. The only day she was off the vent, I forgot my camera.....so I didn't get a picture of her beautiful face (and I'm feeling a little guilty about that). Louise has been under a lot of stress this week and showed this with her high heart rate and blood pressure. Ben and I just want the doctors and nurses to keep her comfortable so she can heal. Oh, did I mention, she had another head ultrasound today, we are still waiting to talk to the the doctors about that as well. (As I said......she is keeping us quite busy). Ben and I are hopeful that this weekend will be filled with good news for our beautiful girl, but Louise is in special need of prayers.

Weights
Reece - 2 lbs, 9 oz
Louise - 2 lbs, 5 oz (although this probably isn't accurate because of all the equipment)
Charlie - 2 lbs 4 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment