Friday, August 6, 2010

Charlie

Mama Boland here, my goodness it has been awhile since I have done a post. I would update everybody on me but there is no time for that. I am in complete mama bear mode and all I can do think about my sweet babies.
Big news......Charlie is off the ventilator. Yay!!!!! The doctors told us to not be too surprised if he has to go back on. Even if he does the it is good that he can practice breathing on his own. As you can see in the 2nd picture he now has a C-Pap. Its a little scary looking but its a step in the right direction and that is all we care about. They have also started to ween him off some of the sedation meds and he has started to cry. Today they let me reach in his bed to attempt to comfort him. It worked...as soon as I put my hands on him (extremely gently) he settled down. Its so amazing how they respond differently to their parents. The nurses say that they can recognize our voices and smells. I love being able to help them anyway I can. Ben, on the other hand, is much more cautious when it comes to touching them. Matter of fact, he usually has to walk away when anyone is touching them....it just make him too nervous.Ben is such a good daddy and its funny to watch how our different roles in this parenting thing are emerging. Anyways, the bottom line is that Charlie has a had good few days and that makes us so happy. He still has a long road ahead of him so continue to pray.



2 comments:

  1. I remember when Addy had those things over her little eyes...like he is in the tanning bed! So glad he is doing good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK AT ALL THE HAIR on those precious heads! Wow...did you have major HEART BURN Lucy?...lol

    ReplyDelete