Friday, April 16, 2010

Maternal Fetal Medicine












We had our appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine on Tuesday. The babies are growing so fast.


Baby A had a heartrate of 162 and was measureing 11 weeks 2 days. He/She is the smallest out of the bunch, but sure was active. Small and hyper sounds like this one might be taking after his/her mama.



Baby B had a heatrate of 168 and was measuring 11 weeks 4 days. This baby was more mello like his/her daddy


Baby C had a heartrate of 164 and was measureing 11 weeks 3 days. We are calling this one our pretty baby because he/she is in the pefect profile postion in the ultrasound photos.



All of the babies are are in their own sac and have their own placenta. This is very very rare with triplets. Matter of fact, 1 of my doctors has never even seen it before. We feel so lucky, because this is great news for the health and growth of the babies. They also did a screening test for Downs Syndrome and Trisomy 13 and 18.


We meet with Dr. Scardo and Dr. Laye. They are perenatoligist, which is a OB for high risk pregnancys. They were both awsome and we feel really lucky to have on our side. The sacariest thing we heard was that I could go on bed rest as early as 18 weeks. yikes! Other than that, all seems to be going well. I will start going to see them weekly starting at week 15 or 16 to check my cervical length to see if I'm going into preterm labor (that makes me really nervous).



Next stop on Lucy's triplet pregnancy adventure....Monday, back to the Womens Clinic for my pre-op.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I am so excited for yall that i can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luce-

    So excited for you and Ben!! I am glad we got to chat. I loved hearing how excited you were on the phone! What a blessing! I can't wait to keep up with all the Bolands and please let me know if you need anything else. Don't forget to put me down for wanting to help with a baby shower.

    Love you guys soo much!

    ReplyDelete