I was hoping that I would have no news to report today, but unfortunately we do.
Lucy and Ben said they slept hard and well last night, thank goodness. They were woken up by the nurse around 4am, who told them Lucy was having contractions. This morning when Lucy got up to use the bathroom she had some bleeding so the doctors came in to do an assesment. They were able to rule out that the bleeding was coming from the cerclage or a placenta tear, which were both good things, but it does mean that most likely she is in labor.
The doctor told Lucy and Ben that she would be very surprised if she were to carry the babies for 3 more days. So right now it is just a waiting game. The doctors will take Lucy back for the C-section when the bleeding gets worse, her temperature goes up, or the pain is unbearable.
Right now Baby A is pressing on her cervix with no amniotic fluid cushion and making the contractions more painful. They are only letting Ben and our mom back right now and are not allowing Lucy to eat or drink anything in case she has to go back for the c-section.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! It means so much to have such a wonderful support system.