Thursday, July 8, 2010

23 weeks







Here I am 23 weeks (looking more like 40 weeks) pregnant with triplets!(Pinch, slap)....Is this really happening! I saw myself doing a lot of amazing things in my life, but I didn't see this one coming. I have absolutely loved being pregnant but I have to be honest, its starting to wear on me a little bit.

I have started getting more nervous about everything. Every little pain or twinge I feel, I think, "OMG, do we need to go to the doctor?" Ben doesn't really help, because every time I make a sour face or slight moan he thinks we should go straight to the hospital. I think its pretty normal to feel a little anxiety when you are having 3 babies, so I'm not too worried about it.

No new news from bed rest. Everyday gets a little harder to sit still and I have to work pretty hard to keep a good attitude. Thank god for my awesome family and friends that have been bringing meals and helping with house work.......I'm going to owe quite a few people a favor after this! I'm almost finished with Pat Conroy's South of Broad. I have loved reading it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good summer read. It helps my baby anxiety to read non baby books. Anyone have any suggestions for my next book??

Our babies are doing good. The fuild around Baby B and Baby C are still high (Baby C more so than Baby B). The Doctors have asurred me that this is nothing to worry about yet, we just need to keep a close eye on them. You can tell in the pictures, that it is getting harder to get a solo picture of the babies.......getting pretty crowded in there. Baby B managed to make her way into all the pictures this week (Thats her head in Baby A's picture and her legs in Baby C's picture)

How far along? 23 weeks

How big are babies? Still papayas.......I'm starting to question these fruit analogies

Weight gain? I'm sure I am gaining plenty of weight. I'll found out Monday.

Stretchmarks? Still none......I'm keeping this thing greased up. Honestly, I cant believe I don't have stretchmarks yet, it a small miracle

Maternity clothes?

Sleep? Its not what it used to be. I do try to sleep as much as possible because it keeps me laying down and passes time. The last time I only wanted to sleep to pass time was when I still believed in Santa Claus.

Best moment of the week? Its harder to find the "Best moment of the week" when your layed up. I just love any free moment I get with Ben, I'm starting to get sad about the fact its not just going to be "us" for much longer

Food and cravings? Nothing special this week. Since most meals are brought to me these days, I cant be too picky.

Movement? All the time. Before, I was feeling both Baby B and Baby C much more than I was feeling Baby A. Now, Baby A is doing flips with her brother and sister. You can defanintly see them moving around from the outside now.

What I miss? Comfort.

Belly Button? Ben said the sweetest thing the other day, "Looks like your belly button is smiling at me instead of frowning"

Looking forward too? My baby shower in Spartanburg!!!!!

Milestone? Close to viability ( 24 weeks, tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. Read The Help by Kathryn Stockett if you haven't already. It's hilarious and will definitely get your mind off of baby stuff for a little bit! Love reading all the updates! Tell that sister of yours to call me!

    Glad everything is going well! Can't wait to meet these Boland Babies!!

    Love,
    Anna Miles

    ReplyDelete