Sunday, November 7, 2010

What have we gotten ourselves into?????Babies have taken over our house and are holding us hostage. HELP!



Just kidding:)............its not so bad. There are aspects of this that are harder than I expected and aspects that are easier than I expected. For example, its not so hard to care for 3 babies (as long as you keep expectations low). I just sit them on their boppies on the floor all in a row and sit Indian-style in front of them and care for each baby as needed. Simple enough. We also stick to a strict three hour feeding schedule, which makes things easier on us.



Now for the part that is harder than I thought. The LACK of SLEEP is crippling. By the time we feed all 3 babies, burped them, changed them and I have pumped we have about an hour before its time to start over. Now, it would seem that I could sleep during that hour window but that rarely happens. I'm working on being able to sleep through "crying babies" but I'm just not there yet.


As if we weren't tired enough, the babies have doctors appointments ALL THE TIME. It is quite a process to get all these babies dressed, loaded up and out of the house in a timely fashion. By the end of this week we will have had 11 scheduled doctors appointments since Louise has come home from the hospital. Lousie goes to see the neurosurgeon regularly. All three have weekly eye appointments....Charlie has to go twice a week. Not the mention the pediatrician and weight checks. Oh did I mention that about half of the appointments are in Greenville.


Even though life is challenging right now, I'm having fun with it. I'm patient and high energy and I think it is working to my advantage.

Here are some pictures of the past week and Halloween............if this post seems crazy its because I did it in 3 minutes segments over the past 5 days.The day Reece and Charlie came home
























Reece








Louise








Charlie










Our setup








Reece












Louise














Charlie (my faveorite picture)













Great Granny















Aunt Laney and Uncle Pup
















Grandma and Grandpa Boland

















Happy Halloween


















Aunt Laney met all 3 babies for the 1st time on Halloween, which also happens to be her birthday. We made special outfits to surprise her. (Charlie)



















Reece




















Louise





















Charlie






















2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie I hear you on the sleeping thing. Our 3 are home now as well. We're also on the 3 hour schedule and it's the same way for us. My mother in law comes over for the 7:30am feeding so I get about 3 or four hours in the morning by skipping that feeding.

    We also have home health care coming this week and next to do the weight checks at our house. Two of ours are in car beds and all 3 on monitors so the fewer trips we have to take the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful and getting chunky! It takes awhile but I think you do get more used to the lack of sleep. But....not an hour (or less)at a time. You need a small stretch every day like Christina mentioned she's getting. Just keep remembering it will get better. Every day they get a little bigger and you move a step closer to ten hour nights. :)

    ReplyDelete