Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Prayers for Baby Reece


Tomorrow is Reece's big surgery to reconnect her bowels. As many of you may remember, Reece had to have emergency surgery when the nurses noticed her little belly becoming very tight and distended when she was only 1 week old and weighing slightly under 2 lb. An X-ray showed a tear in her intestines that was causing air and debris to escape into her abdomen (very dangerous).


Tomorrow is a day met with mixed emotions for Ben and I. We know that this surgery is one step closer to getting Reece home. However, it will be very hard on us to watch her have to "start over" when she has been doing so well. She will have to go back on the ventilator and stop feeds. The nurses have also warned up that she will be kept "knocked out" during her recovery to prevent her from tearing anything else. Please help us pray that our sweet pea's surgery goes well and that she has a healthy, speedy recovery.




***** Sorry I have been so slack on blogging lately but it is with good reason. I am very happy to report that I am successfully breastfeeding triplets (at the moment)!!! Its very hard work and keeps me at the the hospital most all the time. So my time for blogging has been limited. I plan on doing a blog post on this subject sometime later because I just have so much to say about it.....its amazing!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lucy, I pray for you, Ben & those sweet babies everyday - however I'll pray extra hard that the surgery goes well. I love you all very much and please know we are always thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending special prayers to Miss Reece! Thinking of the whole family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear my prayer braclet for your triplets everyday to remind me to pray for Lucy & Ben and the "Sweet Peas". God has been so good to take special care of these babies! I know he will have His hand on Little Reece tomorrow. I pray that God will be near to the family as you stand by to learn that the surgery is over. Keep trusting! My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be praying especially hard for sweet Reece and her surgery tomorrow....and of course praying that the other 2 continue to grow strong and healthy.... also should say an extra little prayer for momma since she is breastfeeding three kiddos - wow! You are doing a great job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying all turns out well for Reece, keeping you all in our prayers.

    Forrest and Lisa Mowbray

    ReplyDelete